Built in 1907 for the luxury car manufacturer Packard Motors. It was the first example of Kahn's functionalist architecture. The 700 meter long plant provided a usable area of 325000 square meters (the equivalent of fifty football fields). Production ceased in 1956 and the site was turned into a business park, which closed in the late 1990s. Today one last company still occupies a tiny area of the park.
Window, Packard Motors Plant, 2005